Back to School Sales Tax Holiday 2021
The School Sales Tax Holiday kicks off Saturday July 31st, giving students and parents a chance at sales tax-free purchases on school and student clothing and supplies through August 9th in Florida.
The sales tax holiday is a limited time period where Florida allows you to make purchases of qualified items during its sales tax holiday and you will not be charged sales tax on the purchases.
Passed by the Florida Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis, the sales tax holiday begins Saturday, July 31 and extends through Monday, August 9. This year the holiday weekend was extended to 10 days!
These are dates that you can purchase clothing, shoes, backpacks, and school supplies without paying the sales tax.
- Begins on Saturday, July 31, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.
- Ends on Monday, August 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
What is Tax-Free:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item for clothing, wallets, bags, including handbags, backpacks, fanny packs, and diaper bags. Excludes briefcases, suitcases, and other garment bags. Note: This is ANY item of clothing on the allowed list, including clothing and footwear for adults.
- School uniforms less than $60 per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item
- Included items: pens, pencils, erasers, crayons, notebooks, notebook filler paper, legal pads, binders, lunch boxes, construction paper, markers, folders, poster board, composition books, poster paper, scissors, cellophane tape, glue, paste, rulers, computer disks, protractors, compasses, and calculators
- Items that are NOT included: printer paper, white-out type products, masking tape
- The first $1,000 of the sales price of personal computers or personal computer-related accessories purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
You can access the full list that the Department of Revenue published this year. Click here and go to the full list.
- Mail-Order, Catalog, or Online Sales: Eligible items purchased by mail order, catalog, or online are tax-free when the order is accepted by the company during the holiday period for immediate shipment, even if delivery is made after the holiday period.
- Excluded Locations: Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Some of you want to buy a home and move into a different school district. We can help you with that! Text or call us.
Ready to Buy, Sell or Rent a Property?
We want to help… Let’s Talk!
Or Email the Martin Group